View or download the slides from our May 28 Zoom meeting.
Glen Ellyn VHP — Community Connect Meeting
May 28, 2020
Want to learn what’s going on with 4G/5G so-called “small” Wireless Telecommunications Facilities (sWTFs) in Glen Ellyn?
Thanks for attending our weekly FREE Online ZOOM Community Meetings!
Join us again Thursday, June 18th for a FREE informational ZOOM community meeting from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Central time. Remember to bring a beverage.
Calling All Mama Bears and Papa Bears 😉
Topic: Updates, Proposed Ordinance Changes, RF Meter
It basically comes down to this: IF WE DON’T TURN DOWN THE POWER on all the “small” macro-towers planned to be in front of our homes, we will see injury, illness and early death. Is this what you want for your kids and your family?
- Just show up at the meeting for a chance to win one $25 Gift Card to any Glen Ellyn shop or restaurant, courtesy of Glen Ellyn –> VHP!
- Update on what other communities, neighboring and afar, are doing.
- Update on how our Zoom meeting went with Glen Ellyn Village President Diane McGinley, Village Manager Mark Franz, Village Attorney Mathews, and Attorney Adam Simon (an outside attorney they brought to the call). We had a great turnout of community – thank you for showing up!
- Explain changes we are proposing to the current Wireless Ordinance along with the few changes already made.
- Update on Newton Park area and RF microwave radiation levels in that area.
- Q&A with the VHP Team
- Email your questions ahead of time to email@example.com OR you can put questions in the chat during the meeting.
What to Do:
- Use this Zoom link to access the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88098101572?pwd=SXR4cDJmMUZ2WlZZZ2dQbE1BN25qdz09
Meeting ID: 880 9810 1572
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,88098101572#,,,,0#,,056361# US (Chicago)
+13017158592,,88098101572#,,,,0#,,056361# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 880 9810 1572
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbB5eHw0P5
Join our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/243076220158887
Genuine Democracy requires numbers . . . lots of us . . . showing up . . at online Village Board Meetings for now and soon at City Hall for every City Council Meeting as soon as we reclaim our rights to assemble, which we should never have lost. This website offers real solutions and alternatives to the currently over-powerered 4G/5G so-called “small” Wireless Telecommunications Facilities (sWTFs) that are proposed to be installed on utility and/or light poles near your homes, school, and parks. It’s time to ORGANIZE.
Many people are needed to participate with with time or money donations to fight to ensure that our safety, privacy and property values are preserved, during this process. Please contact us first to learn what is happening and how to draft a very strong comment for the meeting.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We would benefit from a moratorium on 4G-5G sWTF construction, to avoid this first-generation of over-sized equipment.
- Glen Ellyn officials can amend our current Wireless ordinance
- Residents are seeking fair and just due process in the permitting process. We aren’t being given the full public information we are seeking via FOIA requests.
- We can establish if there are any significant gaps in wireless telecommunications service and ensure that sWTFs are constructed only there.
- Fiber-optic cable to the premises (FTTP)is the fastest, safest, most reliable & secure broadband option for homes and businesses.
Please Join Our Group!
We are a collection of Glen Ellyn residents interested in polices that make Glen Ellyn safe: Local Rule that values residents’s needs, preserves the Quiet Enjoyment of our Streets and promotes healthy families.
Glen Ellyn – V•H•P: Vertical, Horizontal, Power
We are Vertical (during the day) . . .
Horizontal (at night) . . .
. . . and Powerful !
In terms of 4G-5G Wireless Telecommunications Facilities (WTFs) . . .
. . . if our Village does not regulate V•H•P for wireless antennas, then it has not protected its residents!
V•H•P: Vertical, Horizontal, Power
The three amigos of antennas! Olé !!!
Vertical: How far an antenna is off the ground
Horizontal: How far an antenna is from a home, school or park
Power: the maximum Effective Radiated Power (in Watts ERP) that exits the face of the antenna.